07 December, 2011

Under the weather

Today was a quick trip to the barn for a dressage lesson and a hello to the horses. I am still sick and feeling miserable. While improved from over the weekend, I will skip tomorrow and then full steam ahead come Friday.

I am feeling a bit guilty about not riding Regal since Saturday. I am sure he doesn't really mind but his belly is a bit round these days, insert guilty face here. With weather still looking decent I am going to add in an extra jump school each week before we are forced to the indoor for the winter as our dressage is doing well. I am going to keep Dubai on his break, as his feet are still adjusting to being without shoes and I will resume riding him come January, hopefully enough time for his feet to toughen up! Friday will also become an additional Aston schooling day, will work on keeping a steadier pace around a course of jumps.

No comments: